Start A Garden
Having a garden is not only good for your wallets but also good for our health. The vegetables you harvest from your garden will be healthier and more organic than the one you get from the supermarket. More and more people are gardening nowadays, even in cities and apartment buildings where there is no space, some people are still able to plant on roof tops, balconies and in containers.
How to get good plant seeds for next year Garden
Always choose the best quality plants, flowers, fruits and vegetables from which to save seeds. Look for disease resistance, healthy, great flavor and high productivity. Next year’s plants will only be as good as this year’s seed. When the seed pods have dried on the plant (flowers, beans, broccoli, lettuce…) or the plant like Tomato, cucumber, watermelons …) is fully grown and well past their edible stage when the seeds are ready to be harvested. break open the plant, pull out the seeds and put them in a clean dry container (if it has a lot of chaff, you can wash it with cold water) and put it in a warm place indoors like the kitchen or sun room or sun dry it outside. Once the seeds are thoroughly dry, it will not rot or mold in storage.
Make sure the seed is thoroughly dry, Remove as much of the chaff as possible, Store in a paper envelope, labeled with the variety and year Place the envelopes into an air tight container, such as a canning jar or storage cans Store in a cool, dark, dry place. Stored seed is best used the following year. If well stored you can still use some seeds a few years later. Seeds saving has become a hobby to some people. There are many organizations that list and share their saved seed. Growing plants from seeds saved from your own garden, will, over the years, result in plants uniquely adapted to your garden.
You can easily buy plants seeds and live plants from most major retailers and garden centers like Walmart, Home depot, Lowe’s and even online retailers like Amazon, If you really want to save more money buy seeds and plant them a month or two before the regular planting season in your area. I start my seeds indoors at least two months before the beginning of the planting season, Checkout my seed starting blog for more information. Starting early gives me a longer harvesting period for my plants. Also visit WinterSown.orgto learn how to start your seeds indoors in the winter, and they’ll send you six free packets of seeds that are appropriate for winter sowing in your area. Planting seeds are much more cheaper than buying plants, what is even cheaper is free seeds, you can get free seeds from your garden so you can replant them next year. Save seeds from your favorite plants,
How To Save Pepper Seeds
Towards the end of the growing season, I try to prepare for the next growing season by savings seeds. In this video I will show you how to save Pepper seeds for next year. doing this save me money since I don’t have to buy the pepper seeds or nursery.
How to Make the Best Seed Starting Mix
How to Make the Best Seed Starting Mix – Seed starting mix will cost you about $5 per 8 dry quarts if you buy it (Jiffy Natural & Organic Starter )from store or garden center but would cost you less than a $1.50 if you do it yourself. All seed Starting mix and potting mix are often made from perlite and Peat Moss and some organic fertilizer.
Mix the following in a container
4 part (cup) Peat Moss
4 part (cup) worm compost (or other great quality compost)
1 Part(cup) perlite
Seed Starter Mix Without Compost
Mix the following in a container
5 part (cup) Peat Moss
1 Part(cup) perlite
1 table spoon organic fertilizer like Garden tone
Growing Vegetables in Containers
You can also grow vegetables in containers if you don’t have a yard to start a garden, you can use buckets and other recyclable containers to grow plants, You can use these containers in your Balcony, deck, roof top on apartment buildings and windows in your home.
How to plant and Grow Pepper in Containers – A Step by step Guide
Extremely Easy ways to prevent weeds in your Garden
Make Your own Inexpensive Potting Mix
Making your own potting mix will save you a lot of money because it is far cheaper than buy it at the store and you can make it as rich as you want base on what you are planting and you resource like Worm compost or organic rich compost, perlite or sand and many more.
Ohuhu Garden Kneeler and Seat with 2 Bonus Tool Pouches
- ✿ HAPPY KNEES: This handy garden kneeler features an elevated kneeling pad that reduces aches from prolonged kneeling, and keeps your knees away from the muddy ground and grass
- ✿ KNEELING PAD & GARDEN CHAIR: Flips over to become a garden chair so you can tend to your long-stemmed plants and bigger shrubs in complete comfort (weight capacity: 330. 69lbs/150kg)
- ✿ FOLDS EASILY: Comes assembled, and opens and closes in a quick snap so you can get down to your gardening as soon as the sun comes up
- ✿ STURDY AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Constructed with a steel frame and EVA for added toughness that takes any garden mishap, and plastic for grandmother-approved lifting
- ✿ TWO COMPLEMENTARY GARDENING TOOL POUCHES: Attach them to this garden chair with Velcro, and have your clippers, pullers and spades right by your side
NNBB Garden Gloves with Fingertips Claws Quick– Great for Digging Weeding Seeding poking -Safe for Rose Pruning –Best Gardening Tool -Best Gift for Gardeners (Double Claw)
$11.59 in stock
- These gloves are suitable for most men, women and teens
- Good quality fully waterproof really comfy quite strong flexible design
- Cut resistant and natural rubber latex aiming to protect your hands
- Please be carefully with the other bands. Only nn-bb can insure the quality of the product
- GREAT GARDEN GIFT-Best Gardening Tool -Best Gap Gift for Gardeners-Great , Digging pulling Weeding Seeding poking
Garden Design Tour
|Audience Rating||NR (Not Rated)|
|Product Type Name||DOWNLOADABLE_MOVIE|
|Title||Garden Design Tour|
AeroGarden Sprout LED with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit, Black
- INCLUDES GOURMET HERB SEED KIT (3-POD) - Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, and Dill & a 3oz bottle of our patented, all natural Plant Nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)
- PLANT TO PLATE - Up to 3 plants can be grown at a time, up to 10" tall, Plants grow in water, not soil ; An advanced indoor garden made simple
- EASY TO USE - control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add plant food (included), automatically turns lights on and off for your hydroponics growing system
- LED GROW LIGHTS - High-performance, full spectrum 10-watt LED high efficiency grow lighting system in your herb garden is tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests
- IN-HOME GARDEN SYSTEM - Grow fresh herbs & veggies all year round in this indoor herb garden ; Always fresh, always local, always in season
Gardman R687 4-Tier Mini Greenhouse, 27" Long x 18" Wide x 63" High
$59.82 in stock
- Ideal for small backyards or homes where space is an issue; place on a deck, patio, or balcony
- Gives seeds, seedlings, and young plants an early start
- Clear polyethylene cover and roll-up zippered door for easy access
- Strong push fit tubular steel frame assembles in minutes without any tools
- 27" Long x 18" Wide x 63" High