This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting 7Savings.com so I can continue to provide you free content each week! You guys are amazing!
Here is how To Make Homemade Hand Sanitizer with Aloe Vera in a few simple steps. DIY Hand Sanitizer spray. Due to Coronavirus outbreak, hand sanitizers are not available in stores. Make yours with items you might already have at home.
Hand Sanitizer and hand cleaning
CDC, World Health Organization (WHO) and other health organizations recommend washing hand regularly and in situation where handwashing is not possible then use hand sanitizer. the recomended alcohol percentage in hand sanitizer is 60%.
Any hand sanitizer with more than 60% alcohol content will be more effective in killing bacterias and viruses.
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, hand sanitizers are in short supply or not available in stores or online.
That is why I want to show you how To Make Homemade Hand Sanitizer with Aloe Vera.
How To Make Homemade Hand Sanitizer with Aloe Vera
You can easily make your own using materials available in most homes and at your local store like Walmart, Dollar Tree, CVS and many more.
Items you need are:
91% or 99% alcohol
Aloe Vera gel or fresh aloe vera
Mixing jar or bowl
Spoon or something for whisking Small container, such as a 3 oz. travel bottle.
You only need to use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available. https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/
How to Make Hand Sanitizer
1. Put on glasses or goggles to protect your eyes.
3. Add 1/4 cups of Aloe Vera gel if you use 99% alcohol or 1/3 cup Aloe Vera if you use 91% alcohol. If you can’t find Aloe Vera gel at the store, you can make yours by following the description below.
1/8 cup or 3 tablespoons of Glycerin
4. Mix thoroughly by stirring or shaking.
5. Pour the mixture into dispensing bottles.
6. Label each bottle “Hand Sanitizer 75% alcohol”
Warning: Alcohol is a fuel. For fire safety information, see the WHO pamphlet: https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_t…
- Get your fresh aloe Vera from the store.
- for 1/4 cup you will need about 1/4 a large aloe vera and half a small aloe vera.
- peel the skin of the aloe vera so you have just the core
- put the core in to a blender and blend it until it becomes liquid
- to filter the liquid, pour it in to a sift so you can eliminate most of the bulk pieces.
- pour the liquid in to your dispensing container, any bulk pieces left will rise to the top of the container and you can easily remove those tiny peices.