Seed Starting Indoors
Seed starting indoors is economical and helps your plants get a head-start on the growing season. Get a Jump start on the Garden season by starting seeds indoors, Here are some great, ideas, tips and tricks on starting seeds indoors. These tips and tricks will maximize your chances of getting a longer and better growing season.
Starting your Seeds indoors about 5 to 6 weeks before the signs of last frost can give a good jump start of your growing season.
How to Start Seeds
- Fill clean containers or seed trays with a seed starting mix or potting mixmade for seedlings.
- Pour soil less mix into a large bucket and moisten with warm water before putting it in to the container or seedling tray,
- Plant your seeds according to your seed packet, the recommendation with most seeds is that seeds are planted at a dept of at least 2 times the length of the seed deep.
- Cover containers with plastic so that it maintains the temperature and humidity to help the seeds germinate.
- Water newly started seedlings carefully preferably with a mist sprayer and check the seed starting tray or container at least once or twice a week to make sure it is moist and not dry.
- Place the seed tray or container in a warm area or on a [amazon_textlink asin='B01E9IO8V0' text='Plant heat mat' template='ProductLink' store='bobitex' marketplace='US' link_id='b53bfe18-2945-11e8-89e7-937562c39b1f'%sqe[amazon_textlink asin='B01E9IO8V0' text= template='ProductLink' store='bobitex' marketplace='US' link_id='b53bfe18-2945-11e8-89e7-937562c39b1f'] so that it can germinate faster.
- Once the seeds germinate move the tray to a well lighted area or add a [amazon_textlink asin='B01F53LP46' text='grow light' template='ProductLink' store='bobitex' marketplace='US' link_id='f47b3402-2944-11e8-ac36-f59e144c1cfd'%sqe[amazon_textlink asin='B01F53LP46' text='grow light' template='ProductLink' store='bobitex' marketplace='US' link_id='f47b3402-2944-11e8-ac36-f59e144c1cfd'] to it to provide it with enough light.
How to Make the Best Seed Starting Mix
Paper Towel Method for Seed Germination
- First, label plastic bag with seed name and date.
- spreed the paper towel on the table and sprinkle the seeds on the paper towel
- Next, spring water solution on the paper towel so that the seeds are soaked and then fold the paper towel two or three times so that it just fits inside the bag(sandwich bag or any plastic bag).
- Seal up the seed bag so no air can escape or get into it. put the bag in a warm area of the house.
How to make a Bottle Greenhouse
How to make a Grow Box